Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Embellishment Class

My friends at Elaine's Quilt Block asked me to teach an embellishment class before Christmas.  Elaine's is a wonderful shop near my home that was recently featured as one of the "best" in Quilt Sampler Magazine.  We are going to work on a quick little project, perfect for Christmas - or anytime - gift giving.




We will make these little purse-sized notebook covers.  I have one in my purse for jotting down little notes and love that it's not just a paper notebook.

I know, just the notebook would be quite practical, but who wants practicality when you can have beautiful?  One of my favorite quotes is, "make necessity beautiful, make beauty a necessity".  We need beauty in our lives and can make the necessities, like a notebook, beautiful.

If you live close, and by that I mean within 50 miles, join us at the class.  Just call Elaine's 801-947-9100 to register.  I think the tuition is around $25, but the pattern and good time are free.  Do you remember who said, "What is 50 miles of good road?  Yes, I call that an easy distance indeed".

3 comments:

  1. Does it come with a kit, the tuition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tuition includes the patterns and instruction but there is not a kit. You just need a 10" x 5" piece of wool for the notebook cover and small scraps of wool or cotton for the applique. A bit of ribbon, rick-rack, and a few beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess 1200 miles doesn't count as a short distance. Sounds like lots of fun, though.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts