Friday, November 25, 2011

Yes Sir, Yes Sir

Do you remember the nursery rhyme that goes, Baa, baa black sheep have you any wool?  Yes sir, yes sir, 3 bags full. 

I have 8 bags full of little pieces, sorted by color.  I have never been very good at keeping cotton scraps - they just get thrown away.  But wool is expensive so I started keeping every tiny piece a few years ago and find that the bags just keep getting bigger - not smaller!  When getting ready to applique I always look into my scrap bags first and find that most of my needs are met right here.  I take them to classes and share with friends, and they just stay full. What a great use for those zippered bags that new pillow cases come in plus the ever-versatile zip-lock bag.

The sewing room organization is still underway and I couldn't resist these cute doorknobs at Joann's.  They don't help with organization, but they look great on my well organized closet.  Now, if Ikea would just get the shelves I need back in stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts