Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm too fat!

Well, it's January and everywhere I look there is an ad to join a gym or a commercial on TV for Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, SlimFast, on and on and on.  It's just depressing that when I sit down for some enjoyable stitching, I feel a little roll pop over my (elastic) waistband and my thighs are rubbing together, and oh, my bum is really rounding out "again".  What have I done to get here?  I suppose the homemade cookies haven't helped, the larger portions, and the wonderful candy my dear friend Berylene made special for me.  Who can resist Berylene's caramel covered in wonderful chocolate?  Even if I don't have it in the house, there it is, on the counter at my local quilt shop, right next to her pecan logs.  By the time I get to the check-out I've already bought more fabric that I planned on so why not buy some candy too?  I excuse myself by saying, "life's too short and I'm too old not to have a little treat".

 For inspiration I need only to look at my son, Jarod, who had a weight problem a few years ago.  He decided to take charge, and unlike his poor old Mom, was extremely dedicated.  Here he is in the most recent issue of Men's Health magazine. I apologize (just a little bit) for bragging, but all of you moms will understand.

He gets the tall, broad-shouldered look from his dad and that must be where the determination comes from too.  Jarod went from 333 lbs to 200 lbs with a sensible diet and exercise, no surgery or gimmicks. He has finished 2 marathons, and continues to watch his diet and follow an exercise plan.  Time for Mom to learn from the son.

Now, I'm going to take the dogs for a brisk walk to get in my exercise and then to exercise avoiding temptation, make a cake for my husband's wood carving group that will be here tonight.  Then, off to my playroom for some stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great accomplishment! You are definitely entitled to a bit of bragging about your son! It took me one year to loose 50 pounds at Weight Watchers - I've kept it off for nearly two years now - a hard thing - but definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome son you have!!!!!! And you really need to follow his advices he could help you loosing some weight. I am a pre diabetic so no more sugar for me!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not easy is it, well done to your boy and bragging is mandatory when you're a mum...!
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry, you really are so adorable and so is your handsome son! Congratulations to him for all his determination and hard work. And good luck in your quest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just admire people who take life in hand and do it. How strong he looks - and how efficient. You brought up an arrow, my dear. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts