Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Inspiration

Take a look around.  There is inspiration for a new flower, color combination and embellishment everywhere you look.  I just recently found stitching inspiration in a somewhat unlikely place - a children's book of nursery rhymes.  Now, I'm not quite certain how I found it - perhaps lost in a web of Pinterest sites. But here it is... A Pocket Full of Posies by Salley Mavor.

The illustrations for each nursery rhyme are stitched in amazing detail rather than drawn and painted.  I keep looking at the pages over and over, amazed and how tiny stitches bring the story to life.  I shared it at my quilt group last week where everyone loved it.  I purchased my copy through Amazon where it is available today for $14.95.  The creativity and stitching is amazing on every page and I think you will enjoy it too..

It's raining here - a good time to look through the pages again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts