Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ups, Downs and Plans Gone Awry


How many times have we heard, "the best laid plans of mice and men (women too)".  I recently had some BIG plans to go to the Spring Quilt Market in Kansas City next month, rented a booth, worked feverishly on some new patterns, incurred expenses for publishing, made hotel reservations, convinced Teri to tend my dogs for 10 days, planned to visit my son in Chicago, etc., etc. Without further explanation, not everyone thinks I should be in the big show and since I'm not going to fight it, I won't be going to Market.

Unfortunately, I need to cover some of my expenses, so I have placed a few quilts for sale in my Etsy Shop.  It's always hard to part with a quilt after spending so many hours on every stitch.  Each quilt was stitched and embellished with my own hands and then machine quilted.  If you have any questions about the quilts please contact me.  I would love to know they are going to a good home where they will be lovingly appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that rots. I have no idea why they wouldn't want you in that show. But then, it's Kansas City - wait - Mo or KS? I've always thought ti would be fun to be there. But not really. It would simply cost me beaucoup bucks. Which it evidently cost you. I'm so sorry. I'm very sorry. I hate it when other people have the power to shake your life like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the by - if I had the money, I'd buy the Folklore quilt. All of them are stunning, but that's my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to read you last two posts - I just finished a project with three cute houses on it - one of them ending up with a very unsettled foundation! ie: CROOKED :(

    So sad you won't be going to market! I was so excited that you were taking that step. A big BOO to "them"! How can they do that?

    Sending good thoughts and hugs your way!
    And hoping your beautiful quilts find very worthy homes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were so excited for you to go to Market! Your designs are the best! We know that you are so talented and that there is room for all designers to be at Market! We all have so much fun and you should do the same! Life is too short to not enjoy what you love to do! Hey we are all in this together.. You are very talented!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts