Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wool Applique

It's no secret that I love wool applique with embellishment.  Since I want to highlight my embellishment, I don't want the applique stitches to show.   My favorite method is to quickly make small whip stitches with a matching wool blend thread that "hides" in my wool.

Unfortunately, the thread is expensive - close to $10 per spool, which results in a sizable investment if you are just getting started in wool applique.  Even a simple project could cost $100 in just thread!  Here is a solution you might be interested in - a bobbin case wound with 32 colors of Aurifil wool blend threads.

As you can see, this is an excellent pallet of colors, including black and white.  Each bobbin contains approximately 12 yards and you can reorder a single color when you run out.  The bobbin cases are available in my Etsy Shop along with chenille needles which are excellent for wool applique.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this idea. I have spent a fortune on thread. There is so many tyoes to use for embellis ing!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts