Sunday, May 13, 2012

Picking Posies


Finally, Spring has arrived and there are some blooms in my garden just waiting to be picked.  In the dark days of January I daydreamed of walking through a garden with my basket in hand.  I guess it just took some dark winter days to get me motivated to finish a design in my sketch book and stitch together my new "Picking Posies" wall-hanging.   The completed quilt is about 50" square, made primarily from hand-dyed wool with bits of cotton, ric-rac, and beads.  Each block is embellished with silk or cotton threads.

I'm very happy to offer a beautiful pattern for "Picking Posies" in my Etsy Shop, along with a kit for the hand-dyed wool, a thread kit which contains all the fibers I used to embellish the blocks, the Right (and left) Handed Embroiderer's Companion, wool applique thread in a convenient bobbin box, and needles!  Everything you need to create your own garden of blooms.


The pattern dedicates a full page to each block, with beautiful full-color photography, including close-ups of the embellishment.  The embroidery stitches and fibers used are also detailed along with full-sized templates.


I haven't convinced all my friends to try wool applique and embellishment yet, but I'm trying!  For them, this pattern will also be beautiful in cotton fabrics.

3 comments:

  1. It's indeed lovely, K. Met your sister Saturday - and was delighted to find her exactly as I expected - adorable, kind, wonderful - and her stuff is gorgeous. I saw your bucket in person and the rabbit pin cushions. I can die happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is GORGEOUS! I love it! You are so talented! Still wish you had gone to market! XOXO Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new pattern! So excited we are going to have your stuff in our little quilt shop here!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts