Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer?

We spent Memorial Day weekend at our cabin, high in the Utah mountains.  We were able to drive in most of the winter because of light snow pack but you guessed it, first "summer" weekend it snowed!  Just a little bit but more than you want to see when you're ready for summer.

I've been working on a new project and it just happened that I was stitching snowflakes as I watched them falling.


My favorite part of this is the pine tree.  I used 3 colors of Shepherd's Silk in overlapping feather stitch and I think it almost looks like a real pine tree.

I'm a bit concerned about putting this project together, but in my mind it is really cute.  Taking an idea from my head, to paper, to cloth, and then sewing it into the final shape is sometimes quite a journey.  Hopefully, I will be able to finish this in a few weeks and show a photo - rather than report a failure.

3 comments:

  1. The tree caught my eye first thing, and I had to enlarge the shot so I could really see that texture. Well done - it really does look almost real. The layering of the colors was a great concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pine tree is very well done, really a pine tree

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts