Sunday, June 10, 2012

Road Trip Projects

I don't mind a short trip or a short wait without my stitching, but a road trip - for that I need a project.  My husband prefers to drive as he thinks I "will get us killed", and that's OK with me, I'll keep him scared so I can stitch.  I set up a little sewing area, open the glove box door for the pin cushion and find that bobbins and embellishment threads fit in that little space with the door handle.  I have friends that quilt and bind in the car but at my age, I'm too hot for that.

Before each trip I get an applique project together that's easy to fit in the front seat with my snacks and Diet Coke.  My bucket, filled to the rim with all my supplies gets to go too, just not in the front seat.

If you're looking for some quick and easy take-alongs, I have 2 new patterns on my Etsy site.

"Take A Note" has instructions and applique templates for 3 1/2" wide x 4 1/2" high notebooks, perfect for your purse and sewing kit.  All four are made from 100% felted wool, with easy embellishment stitches.  It's always a good idea to have a little gift on hand - especially one that is hand made.

"Vera's Hollyhocks" is a great little bag for almost anything.  In fact, it could carry your next road trip project.  Wool applique is embellished with a few stitches that are easy to do in the car.

If you need some help with the embroidery stitches, you can also find the very best embroidery instruction book on my Etsy site too.  The Right Handed Embroiderer's Companion" has excellent step-by-step instructions and diagrams for many stitches.  Just in case you are left handed, The Left Handed Embroiderer's Companion is available too.

In about a week, I will be traveling by plane followed by a road trip.  I'm busy getting my projects ready!

1 comment:

Popular Posts