Friday, July 6, 2012

A Finished Project!


My friend, Norma Whaley, of Geoff's Mom Patterns, designed this cute project.  I don't usually drop everything to start something new but this one was an exception.  I love robins and had just the right place to hang this in my front hall.

I did "tweak" a few things - the black part of the eye was punched from black wool with a 1/4" hole punch and appliqued onto white wool.  Then I carefully cut around the black to leave a narrow white border.  I find this method is much easier than trying to cut the white circle and placing the black dot right in the middle.  I stitched a little "highlight" in the eye with a white thread.

Bullion stitches in varying lengths cover the beak and a vein was stitched in each leaf using a fly stitch.  I appliqued ric-rac over the seam line, and cut the leaves and berries larger than the pattern. This was a quick project and it looks lovely just inside my front door. 


Check out all the other patterns that Joyce and Norma have designed over at Geoff's Mom.  They are very creative and have a huge assortment of pieced and appliqued quilts to tempt you.

1 comment:

Popular Posts