Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm Baaaack

We went to Chicago to help our son, Jarod, and his girlfriend, Jenna, move back to Salt Lake City.  They were able to arrange transfers with their employer and we are thrilled to have them back "home".  We took one day for sight-seeing and Navy Pier before loading up the big moving truck.

Then, the long drive through Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and Wyoming!  Oh, how I wanted to make some stops in Iowa at the Amana Colonies and Winterset but was quickly told we were on a schedule.

Just as we arrived back home and packed up lots of groceries to enjoy the cool weather at our cabin, we were notified that Scofield had been evacuated due to wildfire.  This has been a stressful week but latest news is that the fire is still about 5 miles away.  We are very fortunate that over 600 firefighters are working to control the fire that is over 44,000 acres.

Today it is raining for this first time in 7 weeks and only 66 degrees here. 

I've had a lot of time to get caught up on projects and hope to have my newest ready to show you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your son is back. My daughter just told me today that she may take the kids and move to Nashville. I'm very upset about that! Hope your cabin is okay! I'll be praying! Bev

    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts