Friday, August 10, 2012

Debra's Masterpiece

My good friend, Debra Hale, has been working on her tree wallhanging for about a year.  I was so excited when she told me it was finished and that she would bring it to Girl Gang for show and tell.  I asked Debra if I could share it as it is too beautiful to keep secret.

Debra used a combination of cotton and wool to piece the background block.  Four seasons are represented, beginning with spring in the lower left quadrant.  Notice the grass just beginning to grow and the blossoms on the tree branches.  Don't miss the little robin or the bees flying above the spring blooms.
Summer and fall top off the tree with another robin, an owl and beautifully embellished leaves.
The lower right quadrant represents winter with light snow laying on the bare branches above an embellished snowman. 
Debra has created a masterpiece with her design, applique and embellishment which includes stitching in a wide variety of threads and the addition of small beads.  I hope you enjoy looking at all the little details as much as I have.

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheery wave from Bev

    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could see it in person! Please tell Debra it is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she finished it...it's incredible! Please pass along my praises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt, Looks wonderful!
    A hug.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely...beautiful stitching details !

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts