Thursday, October 18, 2012

Where have I been?

It seems like forever since I last posted....and it has been over a month!  Don't worry, I wasn't just sitting around relaxing - my husband and I have been traveling.  We spent a few days with out-of-state friends at our mountain home before leaving to see the giant redwood trees in northern California (amazing), a few days at Shelter Cove (don't bother), then to Sacramento for a wood carving event.  Back home for just a few days before leaving for Oklahoma to visit friends and another wood carving class.  Whew! We have been home for about a week, just enough time to get the yard ready for winter and swamp out the house. 

Did I mention I'm packing up again?  I'm excited to be teaching at the 5 Bee's Quilt Guild in Hailey, Idaho this Saturday.  Here's just the beginning of the pile of what I will be taking - it's growing by the minute.

My Vera's Hollyhocks bag is the class project and kits are ready to go along with threads, patterns and hand-dyed wool.


There will be about 20 guild members in the class and it should be a lot of fun.  The Hailey/Sun Valley area is about a 6 hour drive from my house but I've planned stops at Sweet Lavender in Roy, Ut.  and The Gathering Place in Rupert, Id. for a "rest".

I'm taking my camera and hopefully will remember to take photos!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you've been busy! The Redwoods ARE awesome to see! All my family lives in Sacramento - I spent my teenage years ther so I know it well - were you able to visit the railroad museum? Looks like your class will have a great time working ontheir kits - hope you get some of them converted to wool lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you today. I look forward to finishing up the bag. Thanks for all the help.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts