Friday, November 23, 2012

Seasons of Home

 Several months ago I had an idea for a wool basket.  A square basket just called for depicting each of the four seasons on a side that is 6" high and 12" wide. Lambs running across a field of flowers with a blooming tree and spring showers announce Spring.

 The bright Summer sun shines down on "Home" with a dog chasing a rabbit in the front yard and fruit ripening on the tree.

 Autumn brings the falling leaves while an owl stands guard over a harvest of pumpkins.  Watch out for the spider hanging from his web!

A dusting of snow on the branches, snowflakes falling from the night sky and of course, a snowman and pine tree herald a winter scene.

Unlike my bucket patterns, this isn't a basket to carry a heavy load.  Rather, it's purpose is to be a beautiful accessory for your home.

I loved the process of designing the basket and the challenge of putting it together with a handle that stands up in a nice curve.  I'm working on a pattern that I hope to have finished soon, but considering this busy time of year, no date is promised.


7 comments:

  1. Kerry, Your seasons of basket is very lovely. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, your stitching is so beautiful, this is a real compliment. Thank you! Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute, Kerry! You do have such beautiful stitching and your eye for design is wonderful. I need to carry your patterns in my Studio/Shop. http://blacksheepwoolens.blogspot.com/ I'll have to give you a ring sometime :)
    Leisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry - I remember when there was a time people were bothering you about leaning too much on another artist - I'm just laughing, remembering it. You are a strong designer, whimsical, great with color, full of energy - you have found your medium and really run with it. I envy you because you have this wonderful focus that lets you really expand in your imagination and your technique, instead of hopping from thing to thing the way I do. The basket is charming - all four sides of it, and this comment will have to do for all four of these entries you've made lately - the quilts in the newer one before this in the blog line-up are really aggressive, satisfying and engaging.

    Can't stick around because I have some set-up for publishing to do. But I've really enjoyed what you've had to show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you ever even get a chance to read these comments? Sometimes I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read, and appreciate every one. Sometimes when I blog I wonder if there is anyone out there. It's nice to know you are....

      Delete
  6. YOu know, I feel the same way. ANd I feel the same way about comments, too. Sometimes I worry that I'm bothering the person with my blather. Your blog and the shots you share - like a lovely bedtime story every time. Except I end up getting charged up creatively (a little like the metal ball in a bill ball game) instead of sleeping better -

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts