Monday, November 12, 2012

You go, girl!

 Last year I taught my Bucket class at The Gathering Place and Kathy Bowen was one of my students.  Kathy interpreted my blocks and design with wonderful fabric and stitches - adding her own creativity to make a one-of-a-kind project.  The Gathering Place is 3 hours from my home, the perfect stopover place for lunch/shopping on my way to Hailey/Sun Valley last month.  I was so excited to see that Kathy was teaching a stitching class at the store! 

Kathy used a Kim Diehl pattern to create this colorful wallhanging.  I only wish I had taken close-up photos of her embellishment on each berry, leaf and flower.  Most of the background fabrics are cotton with wool applique.  Kathy has learned to love wool applique and embellishment and is treating others to share her inspiration and skills.

I'm so happy to think that maybe I played a small part in her creative genius.

2 comments:

Popular Posts