Thursday, February 14, 2013

Winter Quilt Retreat


The past 10 days have been a whirlwind.  I packed up the kits, threads and patterns for my classes at the Winter Quilt Retreat held at Ruby's Inn near Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah.  This is an amazing retreat organized by Bonnie Miles and includes classes, lectures, trunk shows, and vendors.  Although it is "officially" a 3 day retreat, many come early and leave late, making a week long quilting adventure.

I had planned to include photos from each class but I get so caught up the camera is always forgotten.  Each of my classes was a lot of fun for me, and I hope for the students too.  We learned bullions, drizzles, buttonholes and many other stitches - and of course, wool applique.  I taught Vera's Hollyhocks, Take A Note, Embellishment 101, and a lecture on giving yourself permission to design your own projects. 

Now it is time to restock and get organized to teach at the American Quilting retreat next month at the Zermatt Resort, Midway, Utah.  I have a few classes scheduled (see sidebar) and will be scheduling an Acorn's Promise class at the Fabric Grainery in Hailey, Idaho and a 2-day retreat at Peach Days in Hurricane (pronounced Herkin, yes we do things differently here), Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts