Monday, March 25, 2013

The Faster I Go.....






The faster I go, the behinder I get! Every day I have great plans for what I will accomplish.  Unfortunately, I run out of day - everyday.  There are great ideas for stitching, dying wool, working on a new pattern, and when I'm tired, sitting down to read a few chapters.  But, the housework, cooking and errands demand my attention and I was taught that you have to do your chores before you can play.  Some days the chores take up the entire day.  Today it was making cookies for my husband's carving group, walking the dogs, cleaning out the book cases and closets for donations, and getting the oil changed in the car.  It was a joy to get the oil changed - really, like a little vacation.  While waiting I finished my book and added some stitches to a new block.  Later, I am going to stitch when the carvers are here for all 3 hours!

I can't believe it was 3 weeks ago that I promised "Big News", a promise that was based on someone else's promise to me about when things would happen.  Well, I'm still waiting!  Be patient, it is BIG news and worth the wait.  Maybe this week.


I did get to teach 2 classes at the American Quilting Retreat where students learned wool applique and embellishment using my Flora Mini Purse kit as a class project.  I also taught an embellishment class where we learned many stitches using a variety of threads.  Last weekend, students chose between the Seasons of Home Basket and the City Bucket or Country Bucket at Sweet Lavender.  If you are looking for a quick project, maybe as a special gift, the Flora Mini Purse kit is a good buy at $25.00 and the kit includes the pattern, hand-dyed wool, purse frame, and embellishment threads.  Everything is included.

Got to go.......time to get dinner started.








1 comment:

Popular Posts