Monday, April 8, 2013

Finally - The Big News!

I promised weeks ago that there would be some big news on this blog.  With just a few glitches on the way, it arrived.  What is it?

Aurifil 12 wt. Wool Thread

This wool thread is the absolute best thread to applique your wool.  Its "wooly-ness"  matches the applique pieces in both texture and sheen.  

I'm excited to now offer 32 colors of Aurifil Wool Thread in my Etsy Shop.  The full collection is a wonderful palette of colors including yellows, oranges, reds, pinks, purples, blues, greens, browns, tan, grey, white and black.  The thread is wound on a small spool of about 54 yards each.



If you're not ready for the full set, color groups are available in 4 different collections:

 Sunshine Collection

 Garden Collection

 Meadow Collection

 Clouds Collection

I find that nothing helps me stitch with my Aurifil wool thread quite like the Clover Size 24 Chenille Needles.  The needle is a critical tool in our stitchery but it often seems as though we pull any needle out of our bag and try to make it work.  Believe me, the needle is as important as your sewing machine and much less expensive.  These chenille needles have a large eye that is easy to thread, a nice length for handling and they glide through wool.  I also use them for many of my embellishment stitches.

Thanks for your patience in waiting for my "Big News".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts