Monday, April 1, 2013

Little Blocks

I have made 4 buckets.  The "first" which was my prototype that has a funky bottom and no outside pockets, a City Bucket and 2 Country Buckets.  The prototype is the one I carry around because the "good" ones are on display at stores.  Whenever I go to class an explanation is required that this isn't one of the "real" buckets.  So, I'm making a new one just for me and here's what I have so far:











The backgrounds are scraps of a few of my favorite cottons and linens, with several being pieced because I just had tiny pieces left.  Each block will finish 5" square to become the outside pockets of a bucket.  Two of the blocks follow City Bucket designs but I couldn't resist adding some new ideas. 
I love working on these little projects as there is such a sense of accomplishment when each one is quickly  finished plus they are easy to put in a little bag and travel.  If you haven't made a Country Bucket or City Bucket you can find the patterns and handle kit in my Etsy Shop.
This project is a perfect outlet for your creativity.  Whenever I teach the Bucket classes, students are tentative at first but come to the second class with amazing projects.  Go ahead, start your own and don't forget to share photos.

2 comments:

  1. Exquisite and delightful. Some day - some day I will cycle back to this kind of work. I've been wandering through knitting and felt and sewing soft toys and now genealogy. I envy you for being able to choose and become brilliant at what you do.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts