Friday, April 5, 2013

More Little Blocks

I just finished the last block for my new bucket.  Sorry for the photo quality - I'm not at home and took it with my phone.  Just couldn't wait to share.  I've wanted to stitch a dragonfly for a while and finally found the right beads and threads.

I cut the wings from ribbon and appliqued them in place using buttonhole stitch with a fine metallic thread.  Another metallic thread, a bit larger, was used for feather stitch on the wings.  Two oval beads for the body, a round bead for the head, small bugle beads and a seed bead for the tail.

Several of you have requested patterns for my "Little Blocks" and I'm happy to share.  Send me an email with your request to kerrystitchdesigns@gmail.com and I will email the patterns to you - no charge.

1 comment:

Popular Posts