Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pieced Blocks for BOM

I confronted my fears and even though it took until late afternoon to begin, cutting out with templates and drawing tiny matching dots started me on the road to making the Queen of May blocks.

This was really a challenge for me but I took it very slowly, matched all the dots, and carefully pinned.  Everything worked out!  No tears, swearing, screaming or wasted fabric.  Just one little fit when I sewed the circle into the background with no bobbin thread.

The next 6 blocks in this BOM are foundation pieced - never one of my favorite techniques and I haven't done it for years.  They look very daunting but I'm going to jump in with both feet - but, first some relaxing applique for a few days to work up my courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts