Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hand-Me-Downs

My sister and I often decide to change things around in our house and we usually plan to sell them.  That is until the other one knows it is "up for grabs" and wants it - and gets it for free.  We have both been the recipient of some very fine things and most recently my nephew's bed came to my house.  As you can see, I had the perfect quilt for a twin bed that accessorized nicely with the shelf already in place.

I made this quilt over 10 years ago and because it didn't fit anywhere, it has been in the closet since it was completed.  It is a Blackbird Designs pattern - Celebration of American Life(?).  I just love the ticking I used for the background.  I appliqued on the wrong side of the ticking as the "right" side was a bit too bright.  How nice to get it off the shelf where I can enjoy it.

This little corner contains my nephews bed, my quilt, an Uncle Sam carved by my husband, a photo of my Dad when he was drafted into the Army and sent to Germany during WWII, and the flag that draped my Dad's casket when he passed away. All good hand-me-downs.

Now, if I could just get my sister's cabinet that would match perfectly in here.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts