Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day Tripper Purse and Travel Bag

Yesterday I received a very nice email from Beth.  She had purchased my Day Tripper pattern a few months ago at Village Dry Goods and just finished her bag.  Beth is going to Mexico on vacation with her family and wanted to make this purse for her daughter.

This top photo shows the front flap opened up to show both the front and back pocket.  Beth was a bit hesitant to tell me she made some changes, not certain of my reaction.  I'm thrilled when someone makes changes to my patterns to make the project their own.  My pattern is just the starting point to bring out your own creativity.


On the front flap Beth changed out the bee hives for sail boats which is more fitting for her daughter.  In the above photo, Beth chose to applique her daughter's beloved dog that passed away not long ago.  What a sweet reminder of a best friend.

I think Beth did a fantastic job on her Day Tripper.  I'm sure her daughter will love this gift from Mom and appreciate the hours of stitching and careful thought that went into creating it.

I will be teaching the Day Tripper at Village Dry Goods in November and look forward to seeing the changes each student makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts