Sunday, September 22, 2013

Stitches


The next few weeks will find me traveling with my husband to Oklahoma where he will be taking a wood carving class.  Over the years we have become friends with this group and are looking forward to seeing them again.  Let me tell you, carvers and quilters have a lot in common.  During class, I hang out with our dogs, and they get to watch me stitch.

Occasionally I'm invited to teach a class on embellishment.  I enjoy the classes, meeting new people, and seeing how excited they are to learn stitches, trying out a new thread, beads and colors. Since I have a few classes coming up soon, I started working on some new samples to demonstrate stitches and fibers.  Here's a sneak peek:

Bees and lavender - what a lovely combination to surround a woven bee skep.  The next blocks will be flowers to surround the hive.  I've been busy experimenting with new fibers and learning new stitches.  I'm looking forward to my stitching time; I wonder if the dogs are.

Mickey and Juno

3 comments:

Popular Posts