Monday, November 18, 2013

A Busy Week

Last week was quite busy.  On Tuesday I stayed at the beautiful Zermatt Resort in Midway, Utah the night before teaching embellishment to members of the Midway Heritage Quilt Guild on Wednesday.  I had a wonderful time with this great group as we learned different stitches and shared a delicious lunch provided by the guild members.

In fact, I was having such a good time I forgot to take photos (again).  Well, you just need to take my word for it that everyone had fun and made beautiful stitches.

Friday wasn't near as much fun..... I had to report to jury duty.  Now, the clerk and judge tell you this is a great honor and your civic duty but I didn't buy it for a minute.  Really, if it is such a great thing why are you threatened with a $1,000 fine if you don't show up?  There were 25 jurors and only 6 were needed.  Lucky me, I wasn't chosen.  Now I'm off the hook for at least the next 2 years.
 
On Saturday, I was greeted with dark clouds, rain and snow for the 
drive to Village Dry Goods to teach my Day Tripper Purse.





I started everyone off by laying down the foundation for the back pocket.  That's right, you would assume we would start with the front, but in the interest of time I've found that all the techniques can be learned in less time on the back pocket so class doesn't seem so hurried.

Fran and Rolayne catered a tasty lunch so we didn't even have to leave our sewing table to eat, and then it was on to learning embroidery stitches.

Village Dry Goods on historic main street in Brigham City, Utah has a beautiful new store  with a wide assortment of fabrics, patterns, wool and a friendly and helpful staff.  This shop should definitely be on your list of places to stop.

The beaded scissor lanyards are all sold but Marsha is making more and they will be in my Etsy shop soon.  They will be priced right for Christmas giving.

1 comment:

  1. One of my rug hooking groups is now meeting at Village Dry Goods each month - Fran & Rolayne are the greatest, huh? Looks like your class was a great success.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts