Monday, March 3, 2014

Block 6





This block tops row 2 and I think it is quite pretty.  I used the designer's instructions for adding the ric-rac on this one since there wasn't a pattern piece for the bottom half of the background.  Once the block was finished I was a little disappointed in the piece I fussy cut but it all fit and I wasn't so unhappy that I would unpick 2 rows of tiny stitches to change it.

The print I used for the handle and points is a dark blue print and that one was a pleasant surprise - I really like this one and how it stands out against the pink and the background.  All the fabrics look fantastic when laid out on the table but once I get them sewed together it's sometimes a surprise.

See you tomorrow for Block 7.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts