Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Block 8 and 9 and I'm depressed.....

 OK, I'm just going to say it.  I hate these blocks and I'm openly apologizing to Chris Jurd, the designer, that I made her blocks so ugly.  I really tried to talk myself into this one that looks kind of like a space ship because it has that beautiful bee.

Now there's no hope for this one.  I didn't like the shape in the original pattern and being basically lazy, I didn't try to come up with something different.  Maybe it's the fabrics I used but this one reminds me of the monster in the movie Predator.  Can you see his eyes and that pointy mouth?


I worked hard yesterday to make another disaster.  Piecing is just not my thing.  I got the block which is kind of cute finished and there was a piecing missing on the edge.  How did that happen?  I'm going to mend it rather than do it over.  See, I said I was lazy.

For all of you who think you are the only quilter that makes mistakes take joy in knowing that you're not alone.  I'm right there with all of you un-pickers.  My quilt is going to have 12 blocks instead of 15 and if I have much more frustration......... well, garbage pickup is on Tuesday.

Right now I'm going to my sewing room to sulk.










1 comment:

Popular Posts