Sunday, March 9, 2014

Blocks 14 and 15

 This one is my new favorite.  When I first started on this project I would select all the fabrics for each block before starting.  I quickly learned that when the small pieces were sewn together there was often a different "look" than anticipated.  For this block I began with the green and Aboriginal print on the pointy outside edge of the basket.  I really like the center piece that reminds me of a heart and the lighter pink helps to set it off.

Here it is - the last block.  On this one I appliqued a cotton handle rather than the ric-rac called for in the pattern.  This one was easy and I used another Aboriginal print for the spikes. 

Check back tomorrow for the finished quilt!




1 comment:

  1. I love the green with the aboriginal fabric. I am looking forward to see them all. And what will you do with the number 12 place?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts