Friday, July 25, 2014

Alisa's Enchantment


Did I mention that this is Alisa's first applique project?  Oh, how I would love to take credit for this as being a great teacher but.... actually, Alisa is a great artist.  Yes, I taught her to needle turn cotton applique and a whip stitch for wool; a bit about embellishment threads, and then she went for it.  

The dark background is stunning in a mix of indigo prints pieced together with a dragonfly print on an indigo background for the border.  Alisa is working on the embellishment, making this even more stunning.  She has set the bar really high for me.

I have always believed that you don't need to start on a small project when learning new techniques.  Learn on a design you love, regardless of size and then you will stick with it.

If you love this design, get the pattern from Material Obsession and join us.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is one gorgeous piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has picked some lovely fabrics. I love the tree trunk fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! She knows how to jump in with both feet.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts