Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Slow Progress

I awoke to the sound of nothing - just quiet - then hummingbirds were at the feeder and a chickadee sang to me.  What a beautiful morning.  It rained yesterday for the first time in weeks.  We watched the storm clouds gather and the lightning from under a quilt on the porch.  Thunder rolled down the canyons so loud the dogs hid in the basement.  And then rain.  This morning the grass was still wet with the most wonderful fragrance of.......fresh.

Time to enjoy this while sitting on the deck stitching Enchantment.


A few leaves, berries and flowers are stitched in place and more are pinned down.  The larger leaves are layered with cotton and wool while the small ones are simply wool.  Today I plan to start adding the vines that hang from the branches.  Yesterday the post man brought my order of Painter's Ribbon Floss in a variety of colors that I will ruche for the vines.  The Painter's Ribbon Floss makes this process so easy as you just pull one of the threads and gather it up.  I cut out a pile of small leaves for the vines.

I didn't bring any fabric for the birds but they will be tucked in among the branches and flowers.  I can't wait to get started on the embellishment. This phase seems so flat and it is screaming to be dressed up.  I've been thinking about what threads and stitches to use as I applique each piece.

Well, time to get stitching.


p.s. I hear thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts