Thursday, July 31, 2014

Vines


More leaves and flowers were appliqued in place and 3 vines added.  Don't worry about the open spaces - birds will appear in just a few more days.  Normally I despise leaving the cabin for time in the city but our trip back tomorrow will give me a chance to pick up more fabric.


I tried to get a close-up of the vines, but the photo studio is the deck, with my husband holding the quilt while the dogs run back and forth through it.  I hurry to take the photo before there is some dog-related accident.

The vines are Painter's Organic Cotton Ribbon Floss ruched and then appliqued in place with 3 colors of wool leaves.  They look quite plain right now but I have some plans for them.

Since tomorrow is a travel day there won't be much stitching.  Enjoy your weekend and look for an update on Monday. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts