Sunday, August 31, 2014

Enchantment Update

After a hectic week I was ready for some down-time.  My definition of down-time is stitching (of course), a good movie, and a good book.  The first 2 can be done at the same time - bonus!

Image result for last tango in halifax 

My husband and I just finished watching Seasons 1 and 2 of Last Tango in Halifax and absolutely loved it.  The old people in this picture are the main characters in this wonderful BBC Drama - not me and my husband.  A wonderful story about mixed up families - a joy to watch while stitching.

I just finished reading Windigo Island by William Kent Krueger, the most recent in a series of 10 or 11 novels.  Since I had a few quiet minutes this morning, I downloaded another book by Elizabeth Strout, Isabelle and Amy.  While searching for "something" a  few months ago I happened to hit on someone's blog (don't know who - can't find it again) that had just finished reading The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Strout.  If you like to read a good story, she is an excellent writer.  I think my favorite book by Ms. Strout is Olive Kitteredge.  Oh, poor Olive.

OK, now for stitching.  I started with a stem.  Not too ambitious, I know, but it took 3 tries to get the color and stitch right.  I ended up with a simple backstitch using Silken Pearl #5, color Midsummer Vineyard.  Next were 2 lady bugs again using Silken Pearl #5 in colors Phoenix Rising and Fading Ink.


Kerry, put the book down and get to work on a flower - now!

 
 Outline around the lavender and yellow flowers is Bullion Knot in Painter's Perle Cotton #8, color Lawrence.  French Knots in center are Silken Pearl #5 in Sunflower, surrounded by Bullion Knots in Silken Pearl #5, colors Mermaid Dances and Plum Marmalade.  I surround the French Knots with the Mermaid Dances first (25 wraps on a Milleners #1 needle) and then added a few highlights with the Plum Marmalade.

Trying to decide if I should work on some leaves or a bird next.  

1 comment:

Popular Posts