- The vine was made with a Clover Bias maker, the "only" way in my book to quickly make stems and vines. I cut a strip about 3/8" wide on the bias of a batik print, sprayed it with starch and pressed it until dry. Then it was threaded into the bias maker, the end pinned to my ironing board, and quickly pressed into a perfect vine.
- As you know, I'm hooked on Bullion Knots and here they are again outlining the pink flowers using Silken Pearl #5, Hollyhocks & Hummingbirds. All of my Silken Pearl is hand-dyed by The Thread Gatherer.
- This same thread was used to stitch along the sides of the orange center section in Basque Stitch.
- Two rows of Back Stitch were added using Thread Gatherer Sea Grass, Limelight.
- Pistil Stitches in groups of 3 were added to the bottom edge of the flowers in Silken Pearl #5, Phoenix Rising.
- Circles at the top of the flowers were covered with Whipped Spider Webs using Valdani Pearl Cotton #8, color M26.
- Believing that you can never have too many Bullion Knots, I used the M26 to surround each leaf and then added Fly Stitch in the center.
- French Knots were added to the tips of the Fly Stitch using Painter's Thread Pearl Cotton #8, colors Marianne on the 4 leaves closest to the flowers, Mary C. on the 3 leaves in the center section of the stem, and VanGogh on the top 3 leaves.
We have been very busy the past few days, trying to catch up after our trip. I'm hoping to steal some time for stitching this weekend.