Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Honey Flow



In early spring beekeepers ready their hives for the upcoming summer months in anticipation of sunny days and flowers in bloom.  When the fruit trees and flowers bloom there is an abundance of pollen and nectar for the bees to gather and store – more than they need for their food supply.  This abundance is called the “Honey Flow” which I thought was the perfect name for my quilt with the abundance of blooms, birds, butterflies and yes, a few little bees.


There are 59 Hexie Flowers  appliqued onto a dotted fabric surrounded by the appliqued border.   I used a variety of Kaffe and Kaffe-like fabrics, fussy cutting some for the applique.

 I thought my quilt was beautiful until I took it to Cindy Paulsen at Quilted Connection to work her magic.  Cindy's quilting is amazing and I just wish the photos could show it better.





Gather your bright fabrics and during those dark, cold winter days start creating your own garden to welcome spring with The Honey Flow.

Patterns are available in my Etsy shop by clicking HERE.

2 comments:

  1. That quilt is so adorable that I can't stand it! Just perfect! I love the colors and the shapes and the animals...eeeekkk! You've done it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilt, love the design and the color pops!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts