Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Circles Made Easy

The Sunburst Block I showed yesterday has a large center circle and 8 smaller circles cut from cotton.  I've tried many techniques for making my appliqued circles perfect and found a new one while browsing my Pinterest feed.  

Yes, that is aluminum foil on my ironing board and this new (to me) technique is explained by Sarah Fielke in a YouTube video that you can watch by clicking HERE  (sorry if there is an annoying ad, just skip it and get to the good part).

For the large center circle I pressed 4 layers of freezer paper together to make my circle template and used Perfect Circles for the smaller flower centers.  The foil paper method worked great for both sizes.  They kind of look like Hershey's Kisses making it easier to hide chocolate in the sewing room.  An unexpected bonus! 

If you would like to follow me on Pinterest just click HERE or on the icon on top of the right-hand column of this blog. 

Go forth and make circles.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts