Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Update From My Sewing Room

 My "new" sewing room.  I love all the extra space, the super lighting, the bright wall color, the nice rug and my rocking chair that unfortunately, isn't in this pic.

 Here are my 6 ft. tables that are great to layout a big project, or best of all, room for 8 stitchers in class.  I started having a class here twice a month and 8 plus me work out perfectly.  I just love having these lovely friends join me in my home and we have had such a good time learning from, and being inspired from, each other.

I have been stitching on  this sunburst block from the "While The Cat's Away" BOM offered by  Material Obsession.  I changed thread color on each circle but finished each small circle with a simple buttonhole stitch and each large circle has buttonhole topped with colonial knots and added backstitch close to the outside edge.  I left the center un-embellished to leave a space for quilting.  I tried out size 3 Pearl Cotton on the smaller leaves and loved it and then switched to size 5 on the larger leaves.  Rousseau Pearl Cotton from Painter's Threads was a dream to stitch with.

 Center medallion detail.


Blocks completed to date.  Behind schedule by just 2 months!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I just LOVE your sewing room! You are so smart to have that great lighting! I don't have good lighting and it makes all the difference. I also love your quilt blocks. You take a great block and make it spectacular! It's an amazing talent! I can't wait to see the finished quilt! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitching in your studio is the high point in my week.it is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing your space and your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts