Tuesday, February 17, 2015

On The Road

Last week I joined my husband for a road trip to Mesa, Arizona to visit the Desert Wood Carving Show.  While he was busy with all things carving I visited Beads Galore and spent way too much money. 

We traveled on the "back road" through Kanab, UT and spent the first night of our trip at the Cameron Trading Post on the Navajo Reservation.  Not only did we have a very nice room, there is an amazing garden area and restaurant that boasts antique stained glass and a huge tin ceiling.  I was fortunate to watch a Navajo weaver working on a "Storm" pattern rug and was mesmerized at her skill. If you are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon area this is the place to stay.

Did I mention how nice the 80 degree weather was?  Did I mention having lunch in Sedona, sitting in the sunshine - without a coat?  Heaven comes to mind.

Speaking of road trips, I've been invited to teach at  Hens & Chicks Studio in Conrad, Iowa next October.   Yes, that's a long time from now but some of you live in the mid west and you just might want to travel on over, up, or down to Heidi's shop for her anniversary celebration.  Keep it in mind, and I promise to remind you as we get closer to that time.  But for now, dream of warmer days and check out Hen's & Chicks Studio Here and don't forget to look at the amazing retreat center with 18 beds!

1 comment:

  1. We are headed to that area to visit the canyon in July, thanks for the recommendation. Bet it will be a bit different weather in July though!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts