Monday, February 23, 2015

Quilts In The Closet

Just take a quick look at Pinterest and you will see a lot of Pins about cleaning everything in the house and even making a journal about.  Sorry if I offend anyone, but is there a bigger waste of time than making a housecleaning journal?  Anyway, I got off track............ moving my sewing room forced me to do some sewing room cleaning (forget the rest of the house), and I found some quilts.

I'm calling this one Blackbird Pie and I made it at least 3 years ago but never had it quilted.  It's now quilted, bound, had its picture taken and can go back in the closet.

This is a Blackbird Designs pattern and I can't remember its name.  Again, made 3 or 4 years ago and just quilted and finished a few weeks ago.  Already in the closet.

As I look at these two quilts it's obvious that I love red, and I think they mark a time when my style was changing from dark primitive colors and designs to the brights that I love now. Or as I sometimes refer to it, leaving the dark side to see the light.

2 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful quilts. Seems our taste in colors sort of follows the new and fabulous colorways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing. I still love the primitive, dark look but I can't make myself make anything in dark fabrics. I just use the light, bright fabrics now. Your quilts are both beautiful! XO

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts