Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Another Enchantment Bird

I just love this little bird appliqued with red silk my friend brought from India, a batik wing and wool tail. Valdani pearl cotton 8 was used to satin stitch the beak and tet le boef on the tail feathers with cast-on around the wing, drizzles on the head and bullion legs in Thread Gatherer silken pearl 5.  I think the bead eye is perfect.

Only 2 birds left to finish.  It's snowing today, giving me a good excuse to sit by the fireplace and stitch.

If you read this blog regularly, you will know that I love the Australian style of quilt making and especially the Material Obsession store.  Take 5 minutes and click Here to watch a short video. This looks like such a fun day!  It took about 10 minutes for my computer to load the video, just enough time to choose the bead for the bird's eye, then I played it through again without stops.

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous bird. I love Material Obsession. I visit their blog regularly and would love to go there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, ditto what em said! Your bird is amazing (as usual)! You are ultra creative! XO

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts