Sunday, March 1, 2015

Back to Enchantment.


Another bird finished and 3 more to go.  My Enchantment project was set aside for a few months but it has reached "priority" status once again.

Last week I had class at my home and also taught Crazy For Embellishment at American Quilting.  The past few days have been spent writing a pattern and making kits for my MugWump block.  Next month I will be teaching this project at the American Quilting Retreat and I need to get the kits mailed out.  Students will finish the applique prior to the retreat so we can devote class time to embellishing with 12 fun embroidery stitches.

 I made my MugWump block into a notebook cover but it could be sewn into a variety of projects.

4 comments:

  1. Oh...it's so cute! Wish I could take your class...I'll bet it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching. The background looks like a linen or cotton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The background is a Japanese fabric designed by Yoko Saito. It is a heavier weight cotton than you typically find in quilt shops. I love the subtle coloring of birds and trees in the background, perfect for this quilt.

      Delete

Popular Posts