Monday, March 9, 2015

Enchantment - Bird 5


The 5th bird on my Enchantment quilt is finished!  The bird's body is silk with a batik cotton wing and felted wool tail.  Cast-on stitches in Valdani #8 Pearl Cotton decorate the tail feathers along with bullion stitches, colonial knots and fly stitch in Thread Gatherer Silken Pearl #5.  The beak is satin stitch in pearl cotton, fly stitch decorates his chest and the outline is Thread Gatherer Sea Grass.

The orange eye bead was hand-made by my sister, Lynda, and the addition of 3 pistil stitches give him a rather surprised look.

I've been thinking about bird #6 for a few days .... choosing colors and stitches.  Isn't surprising how plain they are before adding a few stitches?  I can't wait to get my needle busy and see what happens.

Here is "before" and I hope to share "after" in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I love how your embellishments make a plain block fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to see their personalities emerge once you embellish them. They have such life and sparkle once you have done your magic!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts