Friday, April 10, 2015

I'm Still Here




Last week I attended the American Quilting Retreat in Midway, Utah.  This is a great gathering of talented women that I look forward to each year.  Three weeks before the retreat I mailed kits for my Mug-Wump block to everyone registered for my class, with instructions on completing the applique.  Class time was dedicated to embellishing the block with beautiful embroidery stitches.  I had a great group of students and stitching on an actual project was a great way to learn.  

Each person attending the retreat has their own sewing station where we can sew together in one big room.  For the remaining 3 days I focused on piecing blocks for While The Cat's Away BOM.  Piecing really isn't my strong suit and it took me 2 days to make the 8 star blocks.  The final day was spent on the Churn Dash blocks that were finished when I arrived home.


You've heard about me cleaning out the closet (finally) and one more quilt was sent off recently to be quilted.  Imperial Blooms was completed about 4 years ago and I'm so happy that it is finally quilted.  "My" machine quilter, Cindy Paulsen, is amazing and has really perfected her craft.  




Cindy knows that I love a lot of quilting in the background, quilting on top of the applique, and threads matched to each color.  Since picking up this quilt a few days ago, I keep going back to look at all the details.  Wow!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see this quilt up close. And your pieced blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts