Monday, October 5, 2015

Roseville Album


After sending off my Enchantment and Cat's Away BOM to be quilted, I was able to get back to my sewing room.  As soon as we returned from the wood carving show in Wisconsin, I prepared this block and took it with me to our cabin.  This was one of the "easier" blocks in this beautiful quilt and I was able to complete the applique in a few days.

I took this photo with my cell phone and it doesn't show how beautiful the colors are.  The background is a light blue dot on white and all the colors are very bright.

I have 2 more blocks prepped and now I have to clean up my sewing room for the Wednesday stitching group that starts up again this week.  Let me tell you, cleaning up is going to be quite the project as I've ignored it all summer.  I have fabric on all the tables, books, threads and more projects stacked around on every surface.

One of the fabric stacks is for the Overlapping Squares class with Kaffe Fasset next week.  I'm really excited to attend his lecture next week and take the class.

Fall is in the air here and although I'm no fan of cold and snow, I do enjoy an excuse to stay home in my sewing room.  I have a list of projects to work on in the coming months (years).  Making a list helps me keep "somewhat" on track.  Do you make a list?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for sharing that! It's beautiful! Is the Roseville Album the one with a bride block and a groom block? Anyway, I can't WAIT to see your Enchantment and Cat's Away all quilted! If I had the money, I would do some of those BOM's too! Glad to say hello! I think about you every time I see that someone has pinned something of yours on Pinterest or every time I see a beautiful woolen item! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one doesn't have the bride and groom. You may be thinking of the Civil War Bride Quilt which is a beautiful design and I also have that pattern in my "collection" of quilts to do someday. So far I need to live to about 150 years just to finish what's on my current to do list.

      Delete

Popular Posts