Saturday, June 4, 2016

The Summer Box

While winter was hanging on with cold and wet, I was making sewing plans for spring and summer.  I prepared several projects for applique/embellishment and carefully placed them in a nice big box that I named the Summer Box.

 Before allowing myself to start on the new projects there was this final "square" block for Roseville Album to be completed and put away for the summer.  There are still 4 large blocks for this quilt but I needed a break from it.

 First out of the Summer Box is Bird On A Wire designed by Wendy Williams.  The wires are a fusible bias tape marketed by my friend Hazel of Vintage Door.  Check out her Etsy shop HERE.
Hazel and her daughter, Arlene, carry an amazing array of bias tapes in colors, prints, and crochet edging perfect for aprons, quilts and even "wires".

 The birds are appliqued on and I've started on the stems/leaves.  The flower centers are both cotton and wool which will be embellished with beautiful threads.

Off to the deck with my project - it's going to be a beautiful sunny day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts