Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Remember me?

I can't believe my last post was over 4 months ago!  The summer months were both busy and at the same time relaxing and I decided to try Facebook and Instagram instead of blogging.  Both social media sites have some good aspects but neither are as personal as blogging.  So here goes - a quick update.

My husband, Dale,  and I spent as much time as possible these last few months at our cabin to escape the heat and a few trips for Dale to teach wood carving.  My "summer box" of projects saw good progress.  All of the blocks for Garden Vale were completed and are now waiting to be sewn together, Bird On A Wire just needs binding, and the pile of wool is becoming a new wallhanging design.

Here's a sneak peek:

 small blocks 6" square
and large blocks 12" square

The background and majority of the applique motifs are hand-dyed wool and are embellished with beautiful threads and easy embroidery stitches.  Hopefully this project will be completed and ready for quilting in a few weeks.  I've been keeping track of the threads and wool used to make a pattern and plan to offer kits. 

The last few weeks have found me trying to learn a new computer and updated software programs.  Let me tell you, it's not as much fun as stitching! 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry,
    I love the sneak peak.I will be on the lookout for the pattern and kits. I love working with wool. Right now I'm doing your Purple Bird pattern to put on my bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Purple Bird bag and am happy that you are making it. I just ordered some more Yazzii bags so let me know if you want to make another size:-)

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you back. Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Please put me on your list for a pattern and kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just finishing up the borders and will have information on the very limited number of kits in just a few weeks. So happy you like it.

      Delete

Popular Posts